On January 1, 2010, Albert Astals Cid wrote: > IMHO asking the packagers to split kdelibs is too much, if we want a split > kdelibs is something we should do. i don't think we want to split up kdelibs as that just makes development itself more annoying/difficult. it seems more like something that some packagers want to limit the size of dependencies. we could perhaps offer guidelines or even something in the build system that makes it more evident what the library layering is in kdelibs, though. i mean, you can certainly put libplasma in its own package without problem if you wanted to. doesn't require changes in kdelibs (other than touching plasma/CMakeLists.tx), but beyond that i think this is really a packaging decision issue. -- Aaron J. Seigo humru othro a kohnu se GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43 KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Development Frameworks _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team