List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Tagging & Release delayed for KDE SC 4.4-beta1
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-11-29 22:14:57

On 29.11.09 22:41:44, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op Sunday 29 November 2009 21:48 schreef u:
> > I will have no way of fixing any bugs at all in KOrganizer 4.4
> > until this is dealt with.  Basically, we'd be throwing KOrganizer
> > out there and just hoping for the best.  I can't do that as maintainer
> > of this application, nor as the kdepim module coordinator.
>
> Why haven't you reported this earlier, for example tuesday, when Dirk asked for \
> showstoppers? Without the delay we would hav had tarballs out to the packagers \
> already. Reporting this on the eve before tagging gives us zero opertunity to fix \
> this. I guess disabling kdepim is the only possible solution now.
> I don't think we should insert another beta already, let's see how it goes and \
> decide later.
> Who is our current qt contact? Can someone contact him/her to see if we can get a \
> fix asap?

Did anybody care to look at the bugreport? Thiago kinda promised to
either get it fixed properly for 4.6.0 final or put in a workaround
(most probably the revert of the problematic commit) for the release and
fix it for 4.6.1.

Having said that, I don't see why an upstream bug should have an
influence of what and when we do the beta. We might hold off rc's or
finals, but a beta is there exactly to find such things. Distro's will
for sure pick up the patch easily, especially if we tell the packagers
via the kde-packagers maillist. As far as I can see the revert is
relatively unproblematic, except printing out warnings in dbus apps.

Andreas

--
You will be surprised by a loud noise.