On Thursday 23 July 2009 13:42:00 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > Jeudi, le 23 juillet 2009, à 12:51, Sebastian Kügler a écrit: > > On Thursday 23 July 2009 12:26:23 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote: > > > My proposal went unoticed or ignored but I propose that for the next > > > release cycle we focus testers to try a beta or RC in different > > > languages so that i18N problems can be detected earlier than for this > > > 4.3 release. I propose that the announcement draws attention to testers > > > on the importance of i18n. At the same time it would also put in light > > > all the hard work (and believe me, it's really hard) done by hundreds > > > of translators. > > > So for 4.4 I'd like a beta or RC "babel" released to focus on this > > > area. > > > > Good idea. Can you remind me when we're that far? I tend to forget things > > in half a year. ... > > Perhaps all the information about how to do a release could be noted down > somewhere, to prevent forgetting and helping with the bus number? > > E.g. at http://techbase.kde.org/Policies , section Procedures? kde-commons/ has information, it should go there, then. Not that I look at it very often, but it did help me a lot getting started. -- sebas http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9