List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Permission Request to Backport a Desktop File Addition to kdebase 4.3
From:       Fredy Yanardi <fyanardi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-30 16:56:50

Hello all,

I implemented a small feature for konqueror's searchbar plugin[1]. This new feature \
requires new property in the kdebase's webshortcut searchprovider desktop file, \
[Suggest] that contains the suggestion service for a specific search provider [2].

Since this request has been committed to the konq-plugins extragear module as well, \
it will be included in the konq-plugins extragear accompanying KDE 4.3. (KDE \
extragear has different release schedule, doesn't it?). But if the searchprovider \
desktop file addition is not in the kdebase 4.3, this feature is just non-functional \
(but no harm at all).

Hence I request to backport the searchprovider desktop file additional property to \
kdebase 4.3 to make this feature also functional in KDE 4.3. Since it is a property \
addition to the desktop file, it should not affect any other KDE modules, hence it is \
harmless.

But if it is not allowed, we already have this for 4.4 :) (I still have few TODOs for \
this feature, one is supporting opensearch)

Best regards,

Fredy Yanardi

[1] http://fyanardi.wordpress.com/2009/06/28/hello-world-and-a-little-feature-for-konqueror/
 [2] http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=988310