List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    kdepim runtime
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-05-07 21:47:03

Hi DIrk, *

As discussed today, we would like to have a kdepim-runtime tarball, we would like to \
have it contain the content of /trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi. It should be able to \
compile stand alone and only contains the stuff that is a runtime dependency for \
akonadi application.

That way for example Mailody can depend on that package instead of depending on the \
whole of kdepim.

We should decide about the renaming kdepim/akonadi to kdepim/runtime/akonadi or we \
could create a kdepim-runtime next to kdepim as top level folder. I really don't care \
about what solution will be taken as I can not oversee the build consequences at all. \
So I think the experts should give their opinion about that.

I hope we can do this for the 4.3 releases. Does not have to be for the tagged beta \
of course, althought that would be nice for the packagers to adapt to the change.

Toma
--
KDE Developer