List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5.10
From:       Benoit Minisini <gambas () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-08-19 19:07:26

On mardi 19 août 2008, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > Well, he's been adding changes like made lately so imho either we revert
> > all his changes or let him finish them.
>
> If that are the options, I go for reverting.
>
> Greetings, Stephan

As I said before, my changes are finished since yesterday. I asked the
question only because I have committed a non-important patch today. That
patch can be removed safely anyway.

But if you revert -all- my changes, please explain why.

I talked about my work on the developer mailing-list for a month. Only a few
of my questions were answered, and each time someone (Aaron indeed) told me
not to change something, I kept the code as is.

So, having done all this work during a month just to hear that everything will
be removed at the day of the release is a bit... rude.

Many KDE users like me are sticked to KDE 3.5 for months, because they cannot
use KDE 4 now for many reasons. Why couldn't we have all these disturbing
kicker bugs fixed? Late is better than never.

Regards,

--
Benoit Minisini