List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    4.2 Schedule.
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2008-06-16 16:12:08

Hi,

As we are approaching the final 4.1 release, I think we can think about the schedule \
for 4.2 a bit and brainstorm about what we like and don't like. To kick off the \
discussion, let me throw some ideas around.

Because we became a lot more stable during the 4.1 development, I think we can give \
it a bit more feature development in the next release. So I would like to suggest to \
skip the alfa1 completely. Or if you insist, remove one of the beta's and call that \
alfa. I just don't like the term alfa anymore, as it does not seem to get tested, so \
I rather keep it with the two beta's.

Also, I think the two beta's should be closer together, like 2 or 3 weeks, but this \
requires to reduce the time between tagging and releasing (say tagging on Tuesday, \
release on Friday), else there is not much time for the users to test the beta.

So, all in all, that would be something like:

August - early December: free hacking
~15 December Release Beta 1
~3 January Release Beta 2
~17 January Release RC 1