List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Hard Feature Freeze
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2008-05-19 16:05:47

Op maandag 19 mei 2008 17:54 schreef u:
> On Sunday 18 May 2008 17:49:57 Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> > Allen,
> > Will it be possible to get a day extension to the hard feature freeze so I
> > can get the Network Manager Applet into kdenetwork.  I had things in a
> > mostly working state but a monkey wrench was thrown into the works with the
> > new Solid::Control API.  I will be returning on the 20th and will work
> > diligently through the 21st to ensure that all necessary features are in a
> > working state.
> > Thank you for your consideration,
> > Chris
>
> I don't have that kind of power.
> We'd also need to get the translators to permit new strings.
>
> I think we should bring this up again after the beta1 tagging.
> Drat, I was really hoping for this plasmoid.
>
> Other opinions?

Hi,

No extension, but you can move it to extragear/plasma and let it live in extragear \
for the 4.1.x series. For KDE 4.2 you can then move it to kdebase or what ever.

The extrager/plasma release tarball will be made wednesday evening, so if you move to \
there it will be in kde 4.1 beta 1..

Best,

Toma