List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    New KPluginSelector. Finished.
From:       Rafael =?utf-8?q?Fern=C3=A1ndez_L=C3=B3pez?= <ereslibre () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-15 15:01:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

I have finished porting the KPluginSelector to Goya. Lots of workarounds
removed, what results in a much better understandable code. It now sorts
plugins alphabetically, as well as let you filter through the search box.

Filtering is a _must_ in places where lots of plugins were shown (for example
on the KWin kcm where you can enable/disable effects). Sorting is also nice
for finding them faster.

This KPluginSelector works as the older one (no behavioral changes). I also
made rows have less height, as lots of users requested.

I can wait to commit this for 4.2 (I have all committed locally with git, so I
have a good porting history), but if you request me to explicitly commit it
before the tagging is done, I will do it.

The patch is at
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/05/kdelibs-kpluginselector.diff. When Goya is
in (tomorrow probably), you can apply it and compile it.

Some screenshots:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/05/kpluginselector-new-kwrite.png
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/05/kpluginselector-new-kwrite1.png
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/05/kpluginselector-new-kopete.png