Dear Dirk, The OpenOffice.org Community is very interested in sharing our experiences around qa and release processes and tools. (As an IBM consultant I would at work recommend Rational Build Forge, but let's leave that for now:) ) The Community has written a tool called QATrack, which a month back reached version 2.0. It covers these areas: Build management IssueZilla integration Localization RSS Feed Authentication against main site (CollabNet) The goal is not the technology, it's the information. QATrack is now a build information portal, it could be release portal, combining different systems to provide a single point of information (and be a record backwards in time). You can look at the tool here (all info is readable) http://qatrack.services.openoffice.org/ To get the most out of the read-only experience (e.g set gui language) register for an OpenOffice.org acocunt here: http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join What different kinds of technologies do you use to keep track of builds today? Mailing lists/private emails? Wiki pages or Bugzilla for tracking? Thank you, :.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:. Best Regards Per Eriksson Marketing Contact Sweden OpenOffice.org Phone: +46 70 560 10 33 Email: pereriksson@openoffice.org Web: http://sv.openoffice.org/ Dirk Mueller skrev: > On Thursday 01 May 2008, Per Eriksson wrote: > >> I am interested in knowing how you handle the builds and releases and >> maintain and distribute accurate information within these areas. > > We're not using a build tracker, it is all manual communication at the moment. > Perhaps it would make sense to setup such a tracker to have a more informed > decision base. Is OpenOffice using any of those and can share some > experiences with it? > > Thanks, > Dirk > > _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team