List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: kdeutils cleanup
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2008-04-28 17:25:58

On Monday 28 April 2008 03:30:25 am Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 05:32:53PM +0200, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > * KCalc - scientific calculator
>
> KCalc should be replaced by speedcrunch in my opinion, but that would
> require the speedcrunch developers to propose it rather than just say
> they will :)

KDE needs a desktop calculator, and SpeedCrunch is not a desktop calculator.
The behavior is completely different. There are also some UI problems with it
(non-techies don't know that '*' means multiplication, the sqrt icon doesn't
work with dark schemes, most common functions have to selected from a list,
etc.). It's also Qt generic, and would take some work to KDEify it.

--
David Johnson