List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Extragear tarball 4.0.3
From:       Bo =?utf-8?q?=C3=98rsted_Andresen?= <bo.andresen () zlin ! dk>
Date:       2008-04-08 5:24:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 07:05:19 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > > I've had a similar request from the kubuntu-team. I don't know what
> > > to answer though. A couple months back we decided that it's the apps
> > > responsibility to bump the version numbers, but that is not
> > > happening though.
> >
> > The version number needs to change, that's a basic part of release
> > management.   If it's not done by the app author it should be done by
> > the release manager or just not released at all.
>
> stating the obvious here: not every app released as part of extragear along
> with KDE will be a new version of said application.

So why re-release them at all? Or why modify the tarballs? Some of the
packages only differed by a different creation date in the *.mo files in the
tarball - I assume this change is caused by the release script? All we wish
to avoid is having several, tarballs with the exact same name but different
contents.

--
Bo Andresen