List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: kdesupport branch for 4.0.x
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-03-25 12:06:57

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
> > I think it is the responsibility of the kdesupport library maintainer
> > to clearly indicate which released version of their library should be
> > used to compile branch and trunk. So I'm against branching, tagging
> > or releasing.
>
> But then, why do we have kdesupport at all if we should use the released
> versions only?
I think there is a misunderstanding on what kdesupport is about:
* is it a place to easily grab dependencies for building kde4
* or is it a place to develop libraries that are use by KDE application but
are not depending on kdelibs

I think it's the later, but it's not clearly stated.

--
Cyrille Berger