List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    What is a Module Coordinator?
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-01-17 17:59:19

Howdy,

It strikes me that we never defined the role of a module coordinator.
I think we should come up with a clear definition -- so maybe we
know what the heck we are supposed to be doing.. and maybe help
us recruit and get the right people in the right roles.

The current list of coordinators is at [1].  We should probably create
a new page.. but anyway...

Here's a quick list to start with:
+ help determine release schedules
+communicate release schedules with the module developers
+ provide feedback from developers to the Release Team
+ review new applications for inclusion in the module
+ review old, unmaintained applications for removal from the modules
+ review external dependencies for the module
+ help set and review goals for major and feature releases
+ a module coordinator is NOT:
   - the module police
   - the final authority
   - the maker of rules
   - management

Comments? Suggestions?  Should I have lose my coordinatorship? :)

[1]
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Module_Status