On Sunday 30 December 2007 18:50:40 Thiago Macieira wrote: > Allen Winter wrote: > >So, we are ok with Andreas' hackery inside KTcpSocket.  The only problem > >occurs if someone tries to use QSslSocket directly.  But I don't think > > we need to worry about that much.. or do we? > > No, we don't. Using QSslSocket bypasses all KDE SSL settings. No > application is supposed to do that, as it also may pose a security risk > (do all such application authors know how to read the SSL settings and > disable the insecure keys that we disable in KDE?). > > >Or, maybe Qt4.3.4 we be released in the next 1-2 days, including this > > patch, and we can require that. > > Not going to happen. The Qt 4.3.4 release is scheduled for the end of > January. > > Even if I started the release process the day I come back to the office > (Tuesday 8th), it takes at least one week and a half to get all tests > done on all platforms (as per our release procedures). So the soonest for > the release is actually the day I leave for Mountain View. > > In any case, I see that Andreas has committed a workaround already. Given > the severity of this issue and the relative simple patch required to fix > it, I can backport it and include in Qt 4.3.4 if it's of use. > Thanks. I'll revert the qt-copy+patches requirement change. _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team