On Sunday 30 December 2007 18:22:11 Richard Moore wrote: > On 12/30/07, Allen Winter wrote: > > Note that Andreas committed a hack to KTcpSocket that makes https work > > without the qt-copy patch. > > > > An app that bypasses KTcpSocket and uses QSslSocket directly will still be broken. > > I don't know if there are apps which use QSslSocket directly. > > > > So we could conceivably go back to requiring Qt 4.3.3 instead of qt-copy+patches. > > Comments? > > I think relying on the stock qt is likely to get us much more installs > than requiring our own patched version. We can add a note to the API > docs for KTcpSocket specifying how to work around the issue until it > is addressed properly. > The KTcpSocket API is private. It can only be accessed via kio, which means a kioslave must be involved somewhere. So, we are ok with Andreas' hackery inside KTcpSocket. The only problem occurs if someone tries to use QSslSocket directly. But I don't think we need to worry about that much.. or do we? Or, maybe Qt4.3.4 we be released in the next 1-2 days, including this patch, and we can require that. So... long story short.. I think we are safe to put the requirement back to Qt4.3.3. Unless there are objections? -Allen _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team