On 14.12.07 15:49:24, Cyrille Berger wrote: > On Friday 14 December 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote: > > Are you sure about that? I don't know how SuSE or RedHat and others do > > their releases but I'd expect them to need at least 2 or rather 4 weeks > > after a KDE 4.1 release until its patched up/fixed for inclusion in the > > next release. So if the next release of a distro X is planned for > > mid-june a release in mid-may would be needed. Meaning we'd effectively > > have 1.5 months non-frozen trunk/ thats really very little time. > I wouldn't plan software release in function of what distributions plans to do > or plans no to do or might plan to do. There are distributions being relesed > all the time. Anyway, most will offer backport of KDE4.1 for their current > release. So I think you should focus on picking the best solution for KDE 4.1 > to be the KDE 4 that kick KDE 3's ass (not that KDE 4.0 isn't good, but it's > not better than KDE 3.5 in all area). While I do agree that 4.1 should be set > at a fix date, I do think the schedule should ensure that application like > KMail which were left aside for 4.0, are able to deliver in 4.1. I completely agree with you Cyrille and that is what I wanted to express - see my last sentence of a release in may meaning too little time for active development. Andreas -- You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far. Especially if they are dead. _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team