List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Release Schedule: RFC
From:       faure () kde ! org (David Faure)
Date:       2007-01-16 17:36:37

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 18:01, Jason Harris wrote:
> We have already reached the point where API changes in kdelibs can only \
> happen  once per week, which is a pretty good sign that we are \
> approaching API  stability.
Not really. It only means we're giving some time for application developers \
to make progress while kdelibs is changing. But we're not yet approaching \
API stability imho, if we want to drop  qt3support in kio's API (it's \
before 4.0 or never) then we need someone to rewrite most of the file \
dialog... Plus all the things we wanted to do for 4.0 like switching to the \
xdg shared-mime standard (which has api implications) etc.

> What are the future plans for the "API mondays" policy?
No change?

> I'd like to hear the opinions of kdelibs/kdebase devs about when they \
> think  core development will enter the spit-and-polish stage.  We should \
> also hear  from the various modules about the state of trunk development \
> there.  Then  maybe we can think about a timescale for the release.
If you need input from everyone, then this is a topic for kde-core-devel, \
not for release-team. release-team is only the internal organization of the \
release team, isn't it?

PS: thanks for getting this ball rolling, much appreciated.