List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: a new Open Jobs page
From:       Christopher Molnar <cmolnar () snet ! net>
Date:       2001-08-03 11:15:56

On Friday 03 August 2001 07:01 am, Daniel Naber wrote:
> Well okay. But do we want to "support" packages that are not even in CVS?
> Don't get me wrong, KBasic might be a cool idea, but it's not part of CVS
> and I think we should first try to find people for working on the KDE
> core, i.e. the stuff that's in CVS. Finding support for other people's
> projects is not our job IMHO.

I think that if it's a KDE based application we should make the page
available. Granted it's not in the CVS, but it may not be there for a variety
of reasons. The more KDE applications that are available (regardless of them
being in the CVS or not) the better. It is cheap (inexpensive) for us to
provide the job listing and it allows www.kde.org to be the center for KDE
based apps. Do we want the only apps that we even aknowledge to be the ones
in CVS or do we want to encourage 3rd party developers? I would hope that we
encourage 3rd party developers and projects.