List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] PyQt/PyKDE
From:       Alan Blundell <alan.blundell () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-07-29 23:57:05

On Sunday 29 July 2001 14:20, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> There is a book coming out from Open Doc Publishing shortly on PyQt (you
> can see it at http://www.opendocspublishing.com/), it might get picked up
> by O'Reilly as well.  There is a chapter in it that covers BlackAdder as a
> development environment for PyQt.  Turns out that Disney of all people is a
> huge user of PyQt.  Right now our priority is to get PyQt updated for Qt
> 3.  As far as PyKDE, it's been too much of a moving target for our limited
> resources, it's about a month of full time work to get it current
>

> Regards,
>
> Shawn Gordon

Thanks for the pointer - from a quick browse, this looks like just what I
wanted!

I hope that things settle down a bit after KDE moves to using Qt 3 - there
seem to be a _lot_ of things which still haven't been ported to KDE 2 from
KDE 1.1.  It's great to have all this new stuff, but momentum for KDE is also
about gathering other software to it, so the amount of unported software is a
bit worrying.

Alan