List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Donations
From:       blackfarm <blackfarm () mountain ! net>
Date:       2001-07-28 3:55:02

I'd like to run a story about the donations on GUilords, but I don't want to
come across as just trolling. My writing skills as most of you know suck. So
if anyone would please edit this to your liking, I'd  sure appreciate it.
Consider it a gpl document. Change it around and add correct punctuation and
modify the material and I'll put it up tomorrow.

Craig

For you all GUI junkies out there who get your kicks from following the ebb
and flow of the Desktop battle heres a little gem. I know its almost
impossible to determine who's ahead in the battle over the hearts and minds
of Linux users. Most of us have our favorites (including me) that we root
for. Web polls of course have a incalculatable + or - percentage and opinion
columns are just that, some reporters opinion. I however stumbled onto this
little piece of evidence today thats very hard to refute!! I am almost 100%
sure however that some will try.

Today mandrake published some percentages of donations by users to there open
source projects. This should be a fairly accurate  gauge of  users interests.
After all, it is these peoples money that their giving away. Without further
hype here are the results. I'll let you interpret the numbers.

 Allmost 50% of all donations so far have been given away without stating
preference. The rest is divided as follows:
                        KDE ( 12.6 %)
                    KOffice ( 11.5 %)
 HardDrake/Hardware support (  9.7 %)
            DrakX (install) (  8.9 %)