List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Concerning the Adobe <-> Killustrator issue
From:       Darian Lanx <content () openprojects ! net>
Date:       2001-07-04 22:53:03

Hello all

I simply wanted to inqure what the next steps are concerning the Adobe issue.
I know, that the cease and desist letter was obviously sent by a law firm
employed by Adobe, but there is no real confirmation if they sent that letter
on their behalf or on Adobe's.
Has there any research been done or has anyone tried to contact adboe
directly?
The article on slashdot has shown a lot of bad press or better a general
attitude against Adobe, even from users who have to use Adobe products, be it
at work or at home. There might be a slight chance for KDE to turn this whole
issue around and point out, that we are the "victim" in this case an dnot the
big bad offender.
I do not know about the legal issues, maybe Andreas could look into that or
somone that is familar with the whole law issue concerning this in europe.
I just think, that we should reseacrh a bit into the matter, what are your
opinions ?
-d
--
Nisi Defectum Haud Reficindium