List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Success Story
From:       Paul Wiegers <pwiegers () wms ! to>
Date:       2001-06-27 20:15:55

Hi Thomas

> I tried out Konqueror to connect to a Lotus Domino Server. And guess... it
> works! I'm running a web-application system (a groupware) from Lotus,

This is truely amazing!

> called quickplace. It makes heavy use of java, javascript and css. It's
> developed for IE as a frontend (Mozilla renders incorrectly).

I know quickplace (Lotus Notes developer myself :-) )
It is very encouraging to know this, especially as I am trying to wiggle
Linux/KDE into our busines...

> screenshots:
> http://www.tu-harburg.de/~smtk1510/konq_lotus_1.png
> http://www.tu-harburg.de/~smtk1510/konq_lotus_2.png
> http://www.tu-harburg.de/~smtk1510/konq_lotus_3.png
>
> Besides:
> May it be a good idea to collect other ''success stories' (KDE, KOffice,
> Konqueror, ...) and to publish them in the zine (in the form of short
> comments, like ''Here at XY labs we are using KDE to do our daily work.

I think this is a great idea for a item in every Zine: KDE At Work (or
something like that, anyway :-) )

Thanks for sharing the screenshots with us... and keep up promoting KDE!

greetz,

Paul