List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: re [kde-promo] re: attention Andreas
From:       Christopher Lee Fleck <clfleck () valdosta ! edu>
Date:       2001-06-21 9:58:51

> Just because someone puts effort into something doesn't mean its a
> automatic in. The artwork shows talent but it doesn't match what kde's all
> about. Bikini clad girls with tattoos belong on Heavymetal magazine not
> Kzine. Would you want Kzine labeled sexist by our completion? Why would you
> force this on the rest of us? Lets have something that brings credit to kde
> by at least being related. Related more than just by belly tattoos.

Who decides what goes on a kzine magazine?  Have you ever seen a kzine
magazine?  No, you haven't, and that's because there's never been one.  You
are not an authority on what _belongs_ on the cover of the zine.  In case
you're unaware, the exact definitions of words such as good, evil, bad, and
proper vary from person to person.  Don't force _your_views upon everybody
else.

Also, the issue of the proposed cover being sexist has been dealt with in
this list already.  The fact that the cover was created by a female without
any prompting from other males is enough to shield us from any possibly
damaging criticism directed at us by the community.

----
Christopher Lee Fleck