List:       kde-promo
Subject:    RE: [kde-promo] AOL and things(was Zine-Writer)
From:       Philippe FREMY <P.FREMY () OBERTHURCS ! com>
Date:       2001-06-20 7:20:00

> However, most people want to use software they know. That includes:
>
> AOL
> A Database interface like Access or SQL server
> Office products (KOffice is now VERY usable. It is impressive
> how far it
> has come in a short time)
> Exchange/Outlook
> A  project manager like MS Project
> Quicken/Quickbooks accounting package

This is very true. I am really surprised by the lack of such softwares.
Else, I would advertise them a lot in my company.

Note that The Kompany is providing exactly this kind of software but not
always in Free version.

[ answer to another mail ]

There is a pure cd-rom bootable linux project, it is called demo-linux and
is made by a french researcher and his students.
www.demolinux.org

The goal is exactly what you describe. Run linux seemlessly, even on a pure
windows computer, without touching any files. Point that to aol...

	Philippe