List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-13 20:32:52

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 18:05, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > > And where would one find a list of such software?
>
> I am not sure, if your comment was ment seriously, since you probably know
> that there is a good collection at apps.kde.com ;-) (BTW - apps.kde.com is
> great. Congrats!)
> There is linuxforkids.org with a lot of software, but I recently heard,
> that some of the listed apps don't work, which is acceptable to developers,
> but not to schools. annma tested some of them, you can read the reports at
> http://women.kde.org/projects/reviews/edutainment.html

Good page!  It that gcompris is a nice program / gameset
http://gcompris.sourceforge.net/about.html

Shouldn't such an application be easy developed by kde-games developers?
It seems to be simpel (which is good for kids) and nice looking.

Or something like this:
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/sesamestreet/0,1292,4234,00.html
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/sesamestreet/elmo/
it's from sesamestreat if you go over the figure faces you can play a song (I
can only do this with MS as my kde version don't produce the sound :( )

Something with the sesame figures won't be possible, but if there is one kids
will love it.

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no /home the journey is endless