List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       Chris Herrnberger <chris123 () magma ! ca>
Date:       2001-06-13 19:32:58

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 14:13, blackfarm wrote:

> Yes there needs to be a major project. Small amateur stuff won't do. We
> need something on the scale of Koffice. An encyclopedia would compliment
> koffice very nicely. A commercial venture would be cool too. I'm not sure
> anyone will port the encyclopedia to qt just yet though. Anyone have any
> ideas?

Well Ive been lurking on this list for a long time now and find this list
fascinating. With the above however I could not resist an input. I hope you
dont mind.

This is an excellent idea. Why not create a search interephase that is
integrated throughout the Koffice suite to that human generated encyclopedia
(sorry I forget the name at present..:)) If it were intregrates smoothly like
for example babelfish in the lastest version of Konqueror that Im running
then it could be a most usefull integration feature. Alternative deployment
scenario could be as an applet for the taskbar in a similar vain to kbable.

Again sorry for the intrusion but this is a cool idea. Back to lurcking..:)

Best as always

Chris H