Hi all! About the educational aspect and the promotion of Linux/KDE in schools: several projects exist for the server aspect of Linux but as far as I know, very very few schools use linux on the desktop. As I have 4 kids, I think I know quite well the educational software for Windows and I can tell you that there is nearly nothing useful for Linux: no encyclopedia, no software to learn foreign languages, very few eduware for very young children... (mea culpa, my small applications are still not ported to KDE2 and thus are outdated) I wanted to promote KDE educational software via the zine by writing a column so that developers and other people will get more interested. As the zine is still in creation, this idea is not possible yet. A kde mailing-list was launched concerning kde-eduware but it was very quiet, people are not motivated yet (or if they are as I am, they are not developers). The idea of a poll at the Dot would be very good. But it has to be linked to some other actions. A sort of kde-"template" for eduware for example would be nice. I am willing to see something change at schools about proprietary software and wasted money. But for that to happen, we (kde) have really to promote this area. And to have a big kde-eduware package would be the goal! Anne-Marie alias annma a-m.mahfouf@lineone.net _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.