List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-13 11:03:30

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 03:45, Andreas Pour wrote:
> > A very nice market segment to develop for are schools.  They have often
> > minimal bugets and use older hardware.  Linux could be a perfect solution
> > if the right software is there.
> > A nice side effect is that the kids grow with
> > with... kde.  So when those become grown ups and start working they will
> > demand kde (nice scenario, long term thinking).
>
> And where would one find a list of such software?

In toys shops, supermarkets, warehouses (this is more education software).
You'll find this education software just everywhere (I don't know where to
find specific software for schools, as my kids are not that old yet.
However, at www.lwn.net a eduction report (KC) is reported everyweek).

Perhaps a poll at the dot can reveal what education programs are most
used/wanted, and might it be possible to port 1 of applications that come out
of the poll to kde.

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no /home the journey is endless