List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-13 11:03:30

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 03:45, Andreas Pour wrote:
> > A very nice market segment to develop for are schools.  They have often
> > minimal bugets and use older hardware.  Linux could be a perfect \
> > solution if the right software is there.
> > A nice side effect is that the kids grow with
> > with... kde.  So when those become grown ups and start working they \
> > will demand kde (nice scenario, long term thinking).
>
> And where would one find a list of such software?

In toys shops, supermarkets, warehouses (this is more education software).  \
 You'll find this education software just everywhere (I don't know where to \
 find specific software for schools, as my kids are not that old yet.
However, at www.lwn.net a eduction report (KC) is reported everyweek).

Perhaps a poll at the dot can reveal what education programs are most
used/wanted, and might it be possible to port 1 of applications that come \
out  of the poll to kde.

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no /home the journey is endless