List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       blackfarm <blackfarm () mountain ! net>
Date:       2001-06-13 1:49:01

On Tuesday 12 June 2001 16:37, Richard Bos wrote:
> On Friday 8 June 2001 23:52, blackfarm wrote:
> > On Friday 08 June 2001 11:29, David Faure wrote:
> > > The primary goal is to attract _companies_ to use KDE as a \
> > > development platform, and to distribute KDE with their stuff (have \
> > > you seen that HP signed with Ximian to make Ximian Gnome standard all \
> > > their next machine/unix/whatever it is ?). That's the kind of things \
> > > we have to work on, getting this kind of deal with big companies, \
> > > otherwise KDE will go nowhere (compared to its rival).
> > > Yes, I agree, it's not users we should target directly with the PR. \
> > > But directing PR at companies is important.
> >
> > Yes your a 100% correct with that one. We should be trying to attract
> > companies to develop for kde. Maybe the league could advertise in the
> > trade papers?
>
> A very nice market segment to develop for are schools.  They have often
> minimal bugets and use older hardware.  Linux could be a perfect solution
> if the right software is there.  A nice side effect is that the kids grow
> with with... kde.  So when those become grown ups and start working they
> will demand kde (nice scenario, long term thinking).

I'd love to see education software but i'm not a developer so i can wish \
all  day and not get anything done. But if there are any developers reading \
this  I'd love to see a encyclopedia software. Someone could write the \
program and  encourage the education establishment to provide and write the \
content. An  open source encyclopedia  could really bring good pr and users \
to kde.

Craig