List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-12 20:37:55

On Friday 8 June 2001 23:52, blackfarm wrote:
> On Friday 08 June 2001 11:29, David Faure wrote:
> > The primary goal is to attract _companies_ to use KDE as a development
> > platform, and to distribute KDE with their stuff (have you seen that HP
> > signed with Ximian to make Ximian Gnome standard all their next
> > machine/unix/whatever it is ?). That's the kind of things we have to \
> > work on, getting this kind of deal with big companies, otherwise KDE \
> > will go nowhere (compared to its rival).
> > Yes, I agree, it's not users we should target directly with the PR. But
> > directing PR at companies is important.
>
> Yes your a 100% correct with that one. We should be trying to attract
> companies to develop for kde. Maybe the league could advertise in the
> trade papers?

A very nice market segment to develop for are schools.  They have often
minimal bugets and use older hardware.  Linux could be a perfect solution \
if  the right software is there.  A nice side effect is that the kids grow \
with  with... kde.  So when those become grown ups and start working they \
will  demand kde (nice scenario, long term thinking).

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no /home the journey is endless