List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       blackfarm <blackfarm () mountain ! net>
Date:       2001-06-09 3:39:49

There was nothing miss leading about saying that commercial apps are getting
the shaft. You act as if there is an over load of story's and you could'nt
fit in "another" commercial app story in there. The truth is sometimes the
same story is on the dot all week long. If we're lucky we might see two
stories. So i think everyone knows that there is no shortage of space for
application announcements. I think its obvious that theres a sort of hacker
elitist prejudice against commercial ventures. This stuberness against
commercial software is hurting KDE. The ability to choose between developing
closed or open source with QT is a strength of the Qt license. That choice
does not exist on the other side of the fence. This should be one of our
talking points. Instead we let the Richard Stallmens out there make us play
down our strength and become embarrassed by it. The choice that exists with
the Qt license is the major advantage of kde. Lets not let the competition
frighten us and make us ashamed of our KDE commercial side. Thats what they
want to make us ashamed of our strength. You can play ignorant of what I'm
talking about and forget about kde's commercial applications but your only
hurting kde. Please enough BS about what you were going to write and all
that. Its not to late to change course and get back on track. KDE will come
out on top with the help of volunteers and the commercial members of the
community. If we work together.

Craig