List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Speaking of the KDE league...
From:       Mathias Waack <mathias () atoll-net ! de>
Date:       2001-06-08 15:10:38

On Friday 08 June 2001 16:02, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> The hopes is that we will have
> some form of US PR agency to attack the market.  $$$ is the
> question.

PR agency? Market? $$$?

KDE is the result of the hard work of hundreds of developers with the
help of thousands of users. Most of them had never seen a single cent
for her work. And now you are going to spend money to people just to
tell other poeple they should use KDE? What kind of result could we
expect? One, two or even more percent "market penetration"? Maybe.
More feedback and developers? From poeple who didn't heard about KDE
until now? Who could this be? Are you really interested in a bunch of
bug reports like "my internet is not working with KDE"? Where's the
gain for the KDE project?

Mathias

PS: sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand me nevertheless