List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Which Linux distro/version should we use to place
From:       David Huff <david () dhuff ! org>
Date:       2001-05-23 16:03:02

Could the magazine squeeze two versions on the CD ? If so, then I'd suggest
Debian and SuSE. They're both major distros who (apparently) still ship
with slightly old versions of KDE. This doesn't suprise me WRT Debian, but
it does with SuSE :) (I was under the impression that SuSE was "KDE
friendly" and even employs some of the KDE developers)

SuSE should also be popular with European readers, and as others have
mentioned, RedHat 7.1 and Mandrake 8.0 already ship with current KDE
packages.

My $0.02 worth,