List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] "kernel cousin" style devel letter
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () mountlinux ! com>
Date:       2001-02-27 1:30:05

Hi..

On the promo.kde.org web site there is the following item on the TODO list:

  7) Many interesting things are happening in KDE CVS. Launch a weekly summary

I think this would be an excellent way to keep people up to date with the
developments in KDE. Kernel Traffic and the Kernel Cousins have what is, in
my mind, an excellent format for such weekly updates (kt.zork.net). In fact,
they even have a bunch of perl scripts to help automate the process (and they
work just peachy with KMail's folders =). These XML driven tools even allow
statistics to be gathered and added to sumaries using a postgreSQL database.

I am subscribed to and read the following KDE lists: core-devel, devel,
kdepim, kfm-devel, office-devel and kde-look and would be willing to attempt
a weekly summary of the highlights from these lists using the KC tools. I
would like to attempt a first issue based on the traffic during
March 1 - 10, 2001.

It would even be possible to have the weekly hosted on the kernel cousin site
if Zack Brown, the KC "main man", accepts the addition (and I don't see why
he wouldn't). This would, IMO, certainly help with promoting KDE.

Perhaps ironically, I am not on the kde-promo list. Therefore any replies to
this email should be cc'd to my addy if I am to read them. =)

Aaron J. Seigo