List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Announcement of kde 2.1
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinse () daxis ! nl>
Date:       2001-02-22 23:07:21

Op donderdag 22 februari 2001 06:24, schreef Navindra Umanee het volgende:
>Rinse de Vries <rinse@daxis.nl> wrote:
>> With kde 2.0 and kde 2.01 our team has translated the official
>> announcement and sent it to all known Dutch newspapers, magazines and
>> press contacts. This resulted in a significant grow of articles about
>> KDE (and the Dutch version of it :) in the Dutch press.
>
>Wow, sounds like your tactic works better than paying $$$ for Business
>Wire.  Seems to me we hardly get any coverage due to Business Wire
>PRs.

Well, that is the good thing about living in a very small country ;-)

>Unfortunately this is probably not a viable practice in America,
>unless we have a bunch of people here willing to give it a shot for
>their local town.

Well, there are a lot of developers out there, I guess their local town
newspapers etc (regarding that their not living in large towns like LA :)
would be interested in articles.
Also setting up a mailing list with all known press contacts in US (with
only one allowed poster, in order to prevent spamming through it) makes
sure that the announcement is sent to a lot of magazines etc, without
much trouble.

Kind regards, Rinse