List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] doing something about Ximian adverts?
From:       Philippe Fremy <fremy () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2001-02-14 15:24:22

> >Extensions on that : I think the french list monitors these things and
> >translates the articles. What about asking the translation teams if they
> >would agree to translate the topics posted on the dot. What would be
> >interesting in my opinion is to have the possibility to subscribe to the
> >dot news in many languages.
>
> This already is done partially by the Dutch team. news on the dot gets
> translated and is posted on our own webserver. The topics are posted to
> the main Linux Poral in The Netherlands (linuxdot.nl.linux.org) This has
> boosted our visitors on ww.kde.nl to almost twice as much a day!!
Hey, that's good!

I guess all translation teams have more or less considered translating the
news but setting up a framework (a dedicated mailing-list) would probably
encourage people to reconsider it. The job of translating news is different
from the job of translating docs. People not willing to do the second could
be willing to do the first (for example me, if the traffic don't get to
heavy)

I think advertising for this outside kde-promo would help to get more
people. And this is a general concern. We need more people, and many of
them are outside this list. Once we have decided what can be done and
provided a framework, I hope we will make a call for help.

	regards,

	Philippe