List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: giving Ruqola a blast
From:       Paul Brown <paul.brown () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-11-05 18:56:50

On Friday, 5 November 2021 16:34:19 CET Frances Tait wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Here in KDAB we figured it would be fun to do another joint blog campaign
> featuring Ruqola, since it's built with Qt and we contributed a fair bit to
> it.

Sounds good. I am looking at the list of developers and see Laurent and
Nicholas in there.

> What do you think? We were wondering if you could ask KDE folk internally if
> they'd be willing to contribute, possibly to a series if there's enough
> material, or maybe we can make a short demo video (or two) if that makes
> sense.

As KDE has adopted Matrix as its main IM service, I suspect that that (and IRC
and Telegram for historic reasons) is what most people are going to be using,
as opposed to Rocket.chat.

I am also conducting a poll to see who uses Rocket.chat and figure out who we
can ask, but, so far, my suspicions are being confirmed. I may have to cast a
wider net, see who we can dig up to help.

> Ann Fernandes is in cc as she takes care of our blogging pipeline.

Hello Ann, pleased to meet you.

Yes, I think that starting out with a blog post may be the best way to go. If
we find that research  leads to bigger things, we can take it from there

Maybe we should look into other KDE projects that support other IM services
too, like NeoChat or Tok, see if we can dig out a KDAB connection there, and
get a bit more meat for the topic.

Note that at this moment in time I do not know if there is a connection.

Thanks Frances.

Talk soon!

Paul
--