On mi=E9rcoles, 23 de octubre de 2019 14:29:20 (CEST) Roman Gilg wrote: > On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 1:01 PM Paul Brown wrote: > > On mi=E9rcoles, 23 de octubre de 2019 12:40:00 (CEST) Roman Gilg wrote: > > > Do they have rights different from other Promo community members in > > > relation to our marketing resources? As far as I know yes, when > > > thinking about online logins to Twitter and so on. > >=20 > > No. Access is managed by sysadmins. >=20 > Obviously I was talking about actual day-to-day access and not > theoretical one by sysadmins in case something goes wrong. >=20 > > > Is there then a > > > process defined to allow other members to acquire these rights such > > > that they can help with this ground work and enable contractors again > > > to do the coordination part (assuming that this is their > > > responsibility to begin with). > >=20 > > Yes: https://community.kde.org/Promo/Guidance/DosDonts#Access_Policy >=20 > I don't want to discuss this in detail and wait instead for the > clarification results of the board, but I was asking for a process > being defined how to gain these rights not about a policy how to keep > them once you have them. You have not read the policy correctly. It states how to achieve access to= =20 posting. > I assume sysadmins don't go around asking > random people in Promo channel if they want to become responsible for > our social media output. >=20 > The policy just states that "access is controlled to ensure quality". > So who controls the access? I'm not saying what you do is wrong at the > moment but it is not clear how it's done. Is there a process defined, > for example a vote, a top-down decision through council, contractors, > single stack holders? Usually someone from Promo asks for rights. We check the policy and, if the= y=20 meet the criteria, we request access for them from sysadmin. It is not a very formal process. It is usually like "Oh! You've been around= =20 for a while, you've helped out and haven't done anything crazy. Allow me to= =20 introduce you to Ben...". > The social media people page [1] states at the moment that the very > important KDECommunity Twitter and YouTube accounts are controlled by > the "Promo team". Who is the "Promo team"? If it's the full Promo > community group like other sites indicate [2], does this mean that for > example all 73 members of kde promo Telegram channel know the > KDECommunity Twitter account password? > I guess not. So what subset of people is it then? It is the subset of people that belong to Promo, fulfill the criteria laid = out=20 in the policy and have requested and have been granted access. Not everybody needs a password, by the way. On Twitter, for example, we acc= ess=20 posting via Tweetdeck, which means you do not require credentials at all:=20 Sysadmins just add your account to their Tweetdeck's team account. It is also similar in Facebook: admins add your personal account to the lis= t=20 of "editors" and then you can post. This is also similar to Google-based=20 services, like YouTube, and, if I remember right, LinkedIn: you don't get=20 credentials, you just get your personal account added to a team. If a poster moves on, becomes inactive or misbehaves, admins, in most cases= ,=20 just need to remove their privileges. Cheers Paul =2D-=20 Promotion & Communication www: http://kde.org Mastodon: https://mastodon.technology/@kde =46acebook: https://www.facebook.com/kde/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kdecommunity LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/kde