List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Helping to clarify Promo scope & reponsibilities
From:       Roman Gilg <subdiff () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-10-23 12:29:20

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 1:01 PM Paul Brown <paul.brown@kde.org> wrote:

> On mi=C3=A9rcoles, 23 de octubre de 2019 12:40:00 (CEST) Roman Gilg wrote=
:

> > Do they have rights different from other Promo community members in
> > relation to our marketing resources? As far as I know yes, when
> > thinking about online logins to Twitter and so on.
>
> No. Access is managed by sysadmins.

Obviously I was talking about actual day-to-day access and not
theoretical one by sysadmins in case something goes wrong.

> > Is there then a
> > process defined to allow other members to acquire these rights such
> > that they can help with this ground work and enable contractors again
> > to do the coordination part (assuming that this is their
> > responsibility to begin with).
>
> Yes: https://community.kde.org/Promo/Guidance/DosDonts#Access_Policy

I don't want to discuss this in detail and wait instead for the
clarification results of the board, but I was asking for a process
being defined how to gain these rights not about a policy how to keep
them once you have them. I assume sysadmins don't go around asking
random people in Promo channel if they want to become responsible for
our social media output.

The policy just states that "access is controlled to ensure quality".
So who controls the access? I'm not saying what you do is wrong at the
moment but it is not clear how it's done. Is there a process defined,
for example a vote, a top-down decision through council, contractors,
single stack holders?

The social media people page [1] states at the moment that the very
important KDECommunity Twitter and YouTube accounts are controlled by
the "Promo team". Who is the "Promo team"? If it's the full Promo
community group like other sites indicate [2], does this mean that for
example all 73 members of kde promo Telegram channel know the
KDECommunity Twitter account password? I guess not. So what subset of
people is it then?

[1] https://community.kde.org/Promo/People/social_media
[2] https://community.kde.org/Promo/People/Join