Hi everyone,

It's become clear that from time to time, uncertainty about the exact responsibilities and work scope of the Promo community rears its head, leading to tension. An example is the communication around QtWS'19 earlier this week.

Within KDE e.V., we've recently tried out a process to solve very similar problems around the e.V.'s working groups, which are similar to Promo in that they form domain teams that work within a larger community. The e.V. Board is meeting with each working group to discuss questions around what the working group is responsible for, what it isn't responsible for, reporting formats and a few other things. We've done this with several of the working groups now and the first results are very promising and leading to much improved clarity (they'll eventually be worked into the e.V. website).

We would like to help by applying the same process to KDE Promo and then informing everybody about the results. This is not entirely pro-active from our side, as Promo, in particular Paul, have already asked us to do this.

We'll be getting in touch with Promo soon about the details and coordinating a meeting/call time.

Cheers,
Eike
-
KDE e.V. vice president, treasurer