List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Event coordination - ELC, FreeNode live, QtWS
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-09-07 14:51:12

Hi!

There are three events this fall, one a month. Those three events are:

 - ELC, October 22-24
   https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-europe-2018/
 - Freenode #live, November 3-4
   https://freenode.live/
 - QtWS, December 5-6
   https://www.qt.io/qtws18/home/

Those events are industry, community, industry, respectively, and all three
kind of at the edge of our bubble.

Somewhat later there's also FOSDEM, which is community and somewhat within our
bubble. Boud is working on materials for that one.

Each of these events has an associated task in the promo-phab. (Well, not
Freenode, we still need to think about that one).

I'd like to volunteer to be "the person on the ground" for each of those,
coordinating booth presence and scheduling (and making sure that stuff gets
there, in terms of posters-stickers-pamphlets-rollups-etc). That's a fair bit
of running around -- and clearly we'll need other people from closer by to
help out as well -- but I think it would be worth doing repeatedly in order to
develop more institutional knowledge on running booths (as a vendor) at shows.

[ade]