List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: documentation support
From:       Lydia Pintscher <lydia () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-09-03 20:49:41

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 9:54 PM Ivana Isadora Devcic <isadora@kde.org> wrote:
> As someone who works as a technical writer, I can tell you that the timeframe \
> defined in the CfP may not be enough for the contracted person to actually \
> (re)write any significant amount of documentation, unless they can dedicate 8+ \
> hours per day to that.
> The way I understood this, the contractor should identify the most pressing gaps in \
> the documentation and come up with strategies to address them, and not necessarily \
> take on the task of filling all those gaps by themselves. That work can be done by \
> KDE community members once a solid groundwork has been laid out, according to the \
> guidelines, best practices or templates provided by the contracted person.

Yes. As the call for proposals outlines this is for analysing the
status quo and making a plan and work packages for others (potentially
another contractor) to take on afterwards. It is not about actually
writing any documentation. The task is only about developer
documentation for now. It has a specific focus on on-boarding related
documentation for developers. More can come after that if things turn
out well.
But this is starting to be out of the scope of this mailinglist. If
you have more specific questions/comments/wishes let's take it
off-list.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors