List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Mycroft Promo
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-03-28 11:24:31

On woensdag 28 maart 2018 10:33:35 CEST Paul Brown wrote:
> On martes, 27 de marzo de 2018 17:45:03 (CEST) Paul Brown wrote:
> > On martes, 27 de marzo de 2018 16:58:44 (CEST) Aditya Mehra wrote:
> > > Hello Paul,
>
> Hello Aditya,
>
> Sebastian (on CC) has told me he is managing things in the back end and
> talking to Mycroft (the company). That doesn't mean we cannot proceed with
> working on a  story which will showcase your work. So, while Sebastian does
> his thing, let's move forward with that.
>
> As I asked in a prior email, this is the stable version of the Mycroft
> Plasma widget we're talking about, correct? Is this version 1.0? Where can
> I download it from so I can try it out and maybe grab some screenshots or
> make a screencast?
>
> If we can move on this, when Sebastian has news from his end, we can
> probably send out several news items in a short period of time and drum up
> interest in Mycroft on Plasma.

This is roughly what I had in mind. Let's look at key talking point for both
press releases:

1. about the mycroft plasmoid
* What does it do?
* What's the status?
* How can one get it running?
* Roadmap (1.0 release, further work and features? MyCroft on Plasma Mobile?)
* How to get involved
* Demo screencast
* Screenshots
* -> allows to use AI from your Plasma device (desktop, but also mobile)

(I'd keep this rather simple, as it builds up our story)

2. MyCroft and KDE work together more closely, also at organisational level
* privacy angle that both pursue
* MyCroft as sponsor of KDE (shape or form t.b.d.)
* Common interest to advance open AI  technology
* Collaboration means MyCroft adds AI features to Plasma, Plasma contributes
base technology to MyCroft future products
* Next steps of collaboration also at technical levels (and here we refer back
to 1. showing that it's not fluffy wishy-wash but that we have actual results
to show)

The second bit needs closer cooperation with MyCroft as it should include
official statements from both sides. I can hunt down the right people and put
this together with the MyCroft PR team.

Cheers,
--
sebas