List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: KDE's presence on Mastodon
From:       Paul Brown <paul.brown () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-07-02 22:46:02

On Sunday, 2 July 2017 18:46:18 CEST Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sunday, 2 July 2017 09:30:39 CEST Paul Brown wrote:
> > On Sunday, 2 July 2017 02:14:33 CEST Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > Thanks for your attention, please let me know if any KDE promo effort
> > > starts in the fediverse. ;)
> >
> > I agree with this. I said to Lydia I would set up an account and then got
> > sidetracked and never got round to it.
>
> Excellent news!
>
> > So, to summarise we already have:
> >
> > kdeplanet@gnusocial.de
> > kdeespana@quitter.es
> > kdecommunity@gnusocial.de
> >
> > Do we know who is in charge of these?
>
> I don't know at all.
>
> > What other accounts do you reckon we would need?
> >
> > Probably:
> >
> > @kde
> > @plasma
> > @kdeusers
> >
> > Anything else?
>
> I wonder if that's really necessary, I don't think we have so fine grained
> presence on other social networks.
>
> But really your call guys, just don't burn yourselves out with too many
> accounts. ;-)

Ok. Created @kde@mastodon.technology and it is now live. Please follow.

To start with, we will just be copying over tweets as they happen. Later we
will figure out how to properly use this platform.

As usual, all help and suggestions are welcome.

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication

www: http://kde.org