List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [Breeze] Please bring back the *iconic* colors of the Kickoff menu
From:       Jens Reuterberg <jensreu () kolabnow ! com>
Date:       2016-09-23 11:05:41

The change has already happened meaning that we prefer this version in
comparison with what was there before.

My suggestion is forking the theme for Breeze and release it (which has
happened before of course) as "Breeze Colourful" or something. Just like
earlier forks when changes came along, they are popular and appreciated as
Plasma is ment to be flexible and customizable.
Meaning that while WE prefer it the way it is now in 5.7.5+ that does not in
any way mean that your opinion and preference is not relevant - the goal
should be that Plasma belongs to YOU no matter how you prefer or whether you
agree or disagree with our design choices. You are the person that will sit at
your computer so you should be able to define what it looks like.

If you need help doing this I can talk to Andreas Kainz (the icon theme
maintainer for Breeze) and see if he can give some pointers as to the best way
to do it.

/Jens Reuterberg (VDG)