List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Neon and how to handle this?
From:       Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-13 10:54:36

We are going a bit off topic, so I'll try (and fail :) ) to be as
short as possible.

> It's the best way of communicating on behalf
> of the project we have.

The communication channels are important; who signs the message, the
Board, or project maintainers, is not (in all honesty, during 4.x
days, a message from the board would hold much less weight in public
than a statement, even on a personal blog, of a single specific
person).

If a story appears on the dot, it is an official communique from KDE
community. It is completely irrelevant whether it says 'The Board'
below the message or not. And I'd say that the message would need to
be checked by the e.V. before posting in potentially controversial
cases (any case that had long bike-shedding discussions like this one
had).

> are on the promo list here, we are talking about communication. We
> want to explain a decision KDE e.V. has taken. This clearly falls under the
> responsibility of the board. They of course won't do that without the

This is true, the Board is in the right position to comment on the
e.V. vote. To comment on the reason on why the vote was taken (since
it is not the usual task of e.V.), to maybe summarize the discussion
that was held before the vote, and to explain the results.

> Of course the board can't know everything, but they are at a central
> position and we elected them as representatives. It is our responsibility
> to make sure they know the key things which are going on, so that they

They are central position of the e.V. We voted for them because we
consider them good leaders for the e.V. not because we consider them
good communicators.

As I said, they have enough to do without us forcing them to be the
kde-promo team as well.

Cheers,
Ivan

p.s.
> members of KDE e.V., who are the elected
> representatives of the community.

Not elected *by* the community since we have no way to have a 'community' vote.