List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Stall Posters
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-09-20 22:23:56

On Sunday 20 September 2015 22:30:26 you wrote:
> (please answer only to kde-promo)
>
> Hey, due to several reasons, it took me much longer to finally come up with a
> first draft. Sorry for that :/
>
> Here [1] you can find a first alpha-version for a possible KDE Frameworks 5
> poster. (This is also why the frameworks list is in CC.)
>
> POSTER DRAFT:
> [1] https://homepages.uni-paderborn.de/phoenixx/kdepromo/kf5_poster_v1.pdf
>
> There are a few points to be said to this draft:
> * some of the content comes from the KF5 flyer that was done last year
> * the layout is just hand-made by me and I will reach out for the VDG in a
> different mail to let them tell me how to do it better :) specifically, there
> are numerous micro-optimizations that I will do once the content is fixed
> * what I am currently need is some proof reading of the content:
> - is everything correct?
> - is something important missing?
> - what about grammar/spelling?

Looks good!

Some spelling mistakes jumped to my eyes:

usefull -> useful
challening -> challenging

About content:

"checkable items" is not precise enough, the Qt item views support this
already, there must be something extra about what we do there; maybe better
say "many ready-to-use proxymodels".

"and translation", yeah that's what ki18n is about, seems redundant to finish with \
that. Maybe say "and scripting" instead?

KConfig doesn't mention what it does better than QSettings.
Maybe add "with enterprise features" ?

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5