List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Plasma 5
From:       Stuart Jarvis <jarvis () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-05-09 7:54:29

On Thursday 08 May 2014 21:10:46 Sebastian K=FCgler wrote:
> Hi kde-promo,
> =

> Within the Plasma team, many of us would like to go forward using version=
 5
> for our upcoming release ("Plasma 5"). We'd like to propose it to be taken
> forward. (The version "in the code" is already at 5, anyway.)

For the reasons given by Jos [1] and John [2] in the plasma-devel thread, I =

think Plasma 2 is the better solution (better than the date numbering syste=
m =

too, though I didn't mind that too much). Plasma 5 will become/continue to =
be =

KDE 5 - I don't think there's anything much we'll be able to do to prevent =

that.

Not much else to say, really, except that I'll do my best to work with the =

Plasma 5 branding if that's the decision.

Cheers,
Stu

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2014-May/030880.html
[2] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2014-May/030900.html